Sign in to follow this  
3PYA

Three Parish Youth Association

The Three Parish Youth Association, or 3PYA for short was setup in 2010 by the youth groups in St.Martins, Weston Rhyn and Gobowen. The concept was to share resources, ideas, knowledge and expertise across the area to support the youth and the future of our communities.

We meet every few months to discuss pretty much all things youth related in the area, and we also organise events spanning the three parishes as well as promote youth events organised by others. The group is open to all people who are involved in youth organisations in the area and our next meeting is on the 5th March at 7.30pm at the St.Martins Centre.

If you are interested in joining the 3PYA, or are just interested in what we are doing and want to be on our email circulation list please get in touch. Rather than leave your email address below send us a message..... you'll need to be a member of the forum but then if you are local and/or run a group in the area then joining Community Online is a great place to get involved in the Community :)

Edited by 3PYA

and lets not forget that this was an LJC initiative,  driven by the need to consolidate into a large enough group to be able to tap into Youth Service support, resources and grants!

and lets not forget that this was an LJC initiative,  driven by the need to consolidate into a large enough group to be able to tap into Youth Service support, resources and grants!

The idea for the formation of a group to represent ALL youth work in the 3 parishes came from a discussion at an LJC meeting but was then taken forward by local youth workers. This is not an LJC initiative but we are grateful for their support.

hey up Suenick...It was my idea when I was CRO for the area and trying to combine resources in lots of areas, and I can remember clearly mooting it to Lee Barnfield first to see if it could work before I went any further, it was based on talks I had with Shrops youth assoc about how they could not afford to come up and offer training to just a few workers, but needed a bigger organisation to justify it.  (Don't think the bigger organisation did any better though!) I worked the idea up and  then arranged the first meeting in St Martins I think, with the support of LJC committee.  As I saw it it would have shared resources between the 3 villages and allowed 3 youth clubs to operate.  Hasn't worked out that way!

Edited by Maggie