Sign in to follow this  
neo

Local & European Elections.......

Thought it was quite interesting that there is no mention of elections on this forum.

Surely candidates could have been members and captured a few of the electorate from here and the linked Facebook and Twitter pages. Even if it wasnt linked to the election it would be useful to have a few local or Shropshire councillors or other people in various groups/boards who could offers advice and answer questions on local matters effecting our community.... maybe a few are already members and don't contribute.

Just a thought, but maybe this forum is a good place for these people to be a little more involved in the community, and make themselves a little more known especially when people have to put a cross in a box.

Edited by neo

European Candidates are all from long away from here, we're in the West Midlands area for this election, so they were urbanites mainly.  I agree that there was little going on in the way of canvassing here, did anyone get a visit from a party rep?  We certainly didn't.   

I think I recall when originally setting up the site some statistics or a case study where the people you mention had joined forums and got involved in social media had very much boosted their presence in the community and this was reflected in popularity and votes.