Sign in to follow this  
Maggie

BT Offers to Big Local areas.

Local Trust have been talking to BT, who are now offering support to Big Local areas.  This can be in the form of organised labour offered from local BT, training (e.g. in Social Media), business support and small grants.  All the details are here..  

http://www.localtrust.org.uk/?new=bt-offers-to-big-local-areas

Local Trust look like they will act as middle men to help organise this in locla areas.

Do we have any ideas.... (e.g. Simple's cycle route project)

@Maggie

Many thanks for pointing me in the direction of this site. I'm not sure it can be of any help as far as the cycle route is concerned.

I'm not getting any support from Shropshire Councillors or from people within the organisation, despite the positive feedback I've amassed from local businesses, organisations and ordinary people.

I'm guessing that councillors see the track as a golden opportunity of making money for the town rather than using the route for the benefit of all people. I was warned years ago that it would all come down to the council and deep seated vested interests rather than money and common sense.

It is very like what has happened with the hillfort in that respect.  SC ignoring what the majority of local people want, and what S&G Parish Council say, in favour of what they can get away with up here.  Follow he money!

Well the last round of the SamDev consultation was on the 'soundness' of the process, and national planning law states that the council must consult and respond during the process... So guess what was one of the serious points made was? yep failure to listen to expert opinions, and failure to respond, or acknowledge other responses to SC plans, which will all go before the Planning Inspector,  I think the council have forgotten who they act for, it is NOT central government and arguably unworkable national policies, they are meant to represent US.