Sign in to follow this  
Parish Clerk

WWI Centenary Project

In order to mark the centenary of WWI Selattyn and Gobowen Parish Council is planning to create a ring of remembrance on Gobowen Roundabout.

A temporary flower bed is going to be created along the circumference of the roundabout and it will be planted with poppy seeds, plug plants and

other red flowering plant to create a flower bed of red flowers throughout the summer of 2014.

Bed preparation has already started and planting will take place in Spring 2014. If you would like to volunteer to help out with this project

please could you contact the Parish Clerk.

In addition to this project there are also plans to improve the war memorial by hanging planters inside the railings planted with seasonal flowers

2014 will be a red and white theme. If anyone would like to be involved with the planter project or even sponsor or adopt a planter please also get in touch with the Parish Clerk.

Yes, I think this is a great idea and I'd like to help out. 

I've been discussing this with others and it would be a great to upload images in the Gallery of the War Memorials from all 3 villages with a roll-call of the fallen from the first World War as an online tribute.