Sign in to follow this  
leebarnfield

Big Local Survey

Big Local survey has been delivered to all properties in Weston Rhyn, St Martin's and Gobowen they can be returned by post or village collection points.

The closing date for return has been extended to 17th October 2011. If you have not completed your survey yet please do so this weekend.

I'm not sure the survey has been distributed very well in Gobowen. It was due to go out with the parish newsletter but I didn't get one with mine. I have seen some included with issues on display in Gobowen Library, but the deadline for returns is 3rd October, so I think many people will be discouraged.

Deadline has been extended until 17th October and you can fill it in on-line via this link

http://www.shropshire-rcc.org.uk/assets/userfiles/parishplans/questionnaires/Big_Local_Survey/big_local_area_survey.htm

so no excuse now for a computer literate person like you Simon :) . There will be an announcement of a public meeting at the end of November, and if you like I will try to put some of the results of the questionnnaire up on this site. Its really important to get a consensus of opinion about what we should spend our £1 million on in the area. So far the 'steering group' (for want of a better word) have been looking at how we reach everyone in the villages, but once we move into actual projects and gasp spending money, then there is obviously going to need to be a group of representatives set up so that we are truly working together to use the money wisely. Last thing anyone wants is for anyone to feel they have been left out of decisions.

I actually sent my completed survey by mail as there was a prepaid envelope with the document in some of the parish newsletters...but not all of them. And that's the problem.

I'd heard from a councillor that a "letterbox" for the surveys had not been placed in Gobowen Co-op, so there's a danger of poor feedback for the residents of Gobowen.