Sign in to follow this  
Big Local

Big Local Business Breakfast

Business people in Weston Rhyn, St Martins and Gobowen are being invited to join Big Local for a bacon butty and a hot drink at Henlle Park Golf Club on Tuesday 16th October.

The breakfast meeting will be an opportunity for business people to find out more about Big Local, and how it could help businesses in the area flourish over the next 10 years.

See the press release attached :)

Big Breakfast.pdf

Edited by Big Local

Breakfast club is all ok if you got people working for you but if you are a sole trader like my self having time away from work cost money or have it at 7.30am befor you go to work.....

I've been told that there is a big local meeting on Thursday at the village centre in st martins does any one know about this....

I've been told that there is a big local meeting on Thursday at the village centre in st martins does any one know about this....

Good evening - Yes, there's a meeting for the Delivery Group to discuss progress, etc. If you'd like to drop me an email at d.boyce@qube-oca.org.uk so that I've got your email address, I'll be happy to send you an agenda and a progress report so that you know what's going on. When the website is running (soon) I'll be posting this sort of information for everyone in the community to see, if they want to.

Regards,

David Boyce, Big Local co-ordinator.

Breakfast club is all ok if you got people working for you but if you are a sole trader like my self having time away from work cost money or have it at 7.30am befor you go to work.....

Good evening. The meeting was arranged from 7.30 to 9 in the morning in the hope that the time would allow a fair number of business people to come before they start work. But it depends what kind of business you've got, of course. Realistically, I don't think we'd ever find a time which would suit everybody so we just have to go for the best compromise. If you'd like to drop me an email at d.boyce@qube-oca.org.uk I can keep you posted on what's happening, and maybe set up a future meeting which would be a better time for yourself and some others who maybe can't manage an early session.

Regards,

David Boyce, Big Local co-ordinator

I didn't attend, but I did meet with David to talk about my little project.

He said that they would like to start with smaller, short term projects that will give immediate, measurable results to show funders working schemes. "Thematics" was mentioned, and I understand that to mean a series of general themes such as help targeted at the young unemployed, the needs of the older generation, travel etc.

As far as the increasing costs associated with travel was concerned, David mentioned a potential car sharing scheme.