Sign in to follow this  
WAYNE

Temple Wood

Wayne, its always been a private wood but kind of open to walk through but its been "closed" for some time now. There is a foot path from the Bronygarth road across the field which cuts through part of the wood. From the field you can go a little off path and go up to the Stones.

Hi Matthew,

I don't think the stone circle is safe, there are notices there saying 'not to enter'. You don't wanted to be going through your nuptials and one fall on your brides head. Don't think there is any spiritual significance to them, probably a late 1900's victorian romantic gimmick of stonehenge.

@Kerry

its apparently Grade II listed and I believe was commissioned or built by a Major West, and as you say probably a replica of Stone Henge. I too have seen the do not enter sign, although I think its probably a bit of H&S and protecting the owner.

@Matthew

I think it used to under the ownership of the Quinta, but hasn't been for some time. I have heard that it is under the ownership of whoever owns the Temple Wood

Looking at the PDF info about Temple Woods, does the red lines suggest that there is a public right of way through temple woods? Even if the woods are privately owned, if there is a public right of way surely that means people can walk through it, regardless if the owner says otherwise..... do correct me if i'm wrong.

The path running from Bronygarth road, cutting across a small part of the wood is indeed a right of way.

I believe the other path was never official and their has been a "case" recently about the pathway which is why, I assume, it is now closed. There is a rather lengthy document available on the internet if you do a search for Temple Wood, Weston Rhyn.