Sign in to follow this  
Simple Simon

Recruiting for Traffic Free Route - NOW!

I'm trying to gather a group of people together to push forward the development of a new traffic free route suitable for walkers, mobility scooter users and cyclists alongside the disused railway line linking Gobowen to Oswestry.

I really need the help and advice of experts in the following fields: 

• Engineers (paths, tunnels/underpass, bridges)
  • Accountants (people that are able to put a costed business plan together and can identify potential sources of funding)
  • Disable Access (individuals who have knowledge of the challenges faced by people in wheelchairs and mobility scooters)
  • Solicitors and Lawyers (experts in Rights of Way and people that can argue a case powerfully)
  • An ex-Shropshire Councillor (someone who knows how the council operates today)
  • Public Relations Managers (people who know how to sell a good and worthwhile project)
  • Project Managers (someone who can organise information and people)

I really need these you now. In the first instance private message me via this site.

I've had offers from well-meaning individuals and groups that would like to contribute, but not from pros that can give me watertight information.

I have approached the 2 people that were involved in winning the original LSTF award and developing the Greenway project as I fear they will soon loose their jobs with Shropshire Council and I for one recognise and appreciate their hardwork. However, neither have replied.

By the way, there are increasing doubts that the Greenway project (a tarmac path alongside the railway line between the Coney Green crossing and the Travis Perkins drive underneath the Gasworks Bridge) will ever see the light of day. They've missed the deadline for "Phase 1" which was due to start in 2013. The whole project has to be complete by March 2015. Shropshire Council have had the award since July 2011.

As to recruits, my intention is to approach companies on an individual basis. Hard graft and a thankless task, but 've been here before.