Sign in to follow this  
Maggie

Canals

British Waterways, one of the last old government run national organisations is finally going to be turned into a Trust, called 'The Canal and River Trust' next April. As part of the launch they are looking for a dog to front a marketing campaign, because one of the main uses of canals is to walk a dog. To enter your canal-loving canine post his/her photo on http://www.flickr.com/groups/canaldogwalker

by December 31st. Runners up get doggy goodies, the winner becomes the doggie face of the new trust. The blurb says that it helps if the dog can swim, chase sticks and gets on with other dogs and swans.

Come on, lets have our own local version of a' cos I'm worth it' model. So what if we can only aspire to 4 legs not 2. So what if our version sometimes smells of fox. Dog walkers and their dogs are something we have a lot of, and surely we can come up with a winning canal dog.

Can't see any obvious local places in these pictures, but I am going to upload some pictures of my dog today. Has anyone else from round here put their dogs up on the site? Some really great looking dogs on the site, so competition is HOT.

There were over 1000 images by the time the competition closed. They weren't your usual cute sort of pictures of pampered dogs but pictures of active doggy dogs living a doggy life to the full, so I would imagine chosing just one of these dogs as a winner would be a very difficult task.

We entered our dog. As in much of the canal forum stuff on line those joining in tended to be mainly from 'down south', and I didn't spot any local dogs but there were lots so I could easily have missed them.

No word as yet about winners etc.

Edited by Maggie