Sign in to follow this  
Simple Simon

Gobowen I.T. Learning Project

The I.T. Project was launched today in the Pavilion, St. Martins Road (ample parking available!) to much eating of cakes, biscuits and drinking of tea and coffee. Plenty of networking was done and feedback was given on the I.T. needs of the individuals living locally and in the area wider area.

To be clear, we're not setting up long courses with huge learning commitments. It's just volunteers coming together to give advice on a variety of hardware and software solutions. The aim is to be friendly, informative and fun, so no matter what your level, pop in and say hello. You can use the centre hardware or bring your own computer.

Doors open every Thursday morning from 10 to 12.

An update on the Gobowen I.T. Learning Project:

We've had a steady stream of regular learners since the project started last September along with people that have dropped in seeking advice and help on specific subjects.

We have a number of laptops and a black and white printer, but people can bring in their own hardware if they prefer. We don't set learning objectives or anything fancy like that, although we are prepared to run short courses if there is ever a demand.

At the moment we are looking to get some investment to support and expand the project. If anyone can suggest hardware/software that people would be interested in trying out please post your suggestions here.