Sign in to follow this  
leebarnfield

Anyone know any astronomy experts?

Am impressed Simple Simon ;) Though i'd wait til Thursday afternoon as the moon is in void course till just before 3pm.

As someone who has recently inherited a telescope but has yet to take it out of the box from under the bed!, The night sky is soo clear and beautiful here in Weston Rhyn, there is an iphone app called star walk, that when you point your phone at the night sky it tells you which planets your gazing at.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Kerry, I have the telescope and have been viewing the planets, namely Jupiter, Saturn, Venus and of course the moon with some success. My questions and advice sought are a little more specific and astrophotography linked.

I have a few star shots (without telescope). You can clearly see Orion, Taurus and Pleiades (M45) in this shot.

http://www.flickr.co...35665/lightbox/

wow! lovely pics, really think its time now we're getting warmer weather to dig out the telescope and start gazing myself, sorry don't have any info astrophotography to assist you further.... good luck and let us know how you get on.