Sign in to follow this  
Gardner

Dog Attacks in Gobowen

Just recently a friend of mine was attacked by a small dog whilst walking past the entrance to Henlle Park Golf Club. Although blood wasn't drawn, the dog managed to tear a hole in her jeans near the ankle.

Has anyone else walking around the Henlle area had a bad experience with a stray dog?

I've had 2 experiences with dogs in the area. The first was a little puppy walking around on the road infront of my car, so I picked him up and took him into the gypsy site opposite Henlle Golf Club entrance.

The second was when I was cycling in the same area and a small dog came running out barking at my heels, but he couldn't catch up with me.

The dogs belong to the ILEGAL!! "travellers" site opposite the golf club. I have heard many people talk about being attacked whilst walking out with their dogs and alone. Also whilst out running and cycling. What can be done??

My friend contacted the police and they looked into it for her. The response was that the dog belonged to the people living on the traveller's site. They were very apologetic and assured the policeman that the dog was usually tethered and that on this occasion children had untied it so it was free to roam.

I've bought it to the attention of this site to see if other people have had the same experience.