RobGreene

Solar Panels

Hi. Can anyone tell me if they have positive/negative experiences with getting solar panels fitted to their house.

We have signed for the 25 year lease, but have a cancellation period if we wish. I'm OK with having to explain them to buyers if I sell the house, but would like to know if people have had them, are they really fitted with zero damage to existing roof tiles, and what savings have people seen?

Thank you in advance.

The large detached house next to the newsagents has had them installed recently - ask Alex. Also my neighbour has had panels on his roof for over 4 years now. He says they are generating power which he sells to National Grid but he's not yet recovered cost of installation. Also housing block near to post office in Chirk have had them installed about 6 weeks ago - the whole row of houses - if they are owned by housing association they must think it's a good thing?

solar panels are a long term investment 25years depends on the price of solar panels and how many you have it will take 15years to pay for them and then 10years will make you money, they say £7000 - £15000 to install upto 11panels that will earn you up to £1000 a year so 25years will make you £10.000 so better than the bank at the moment,

But the goverment are droping the rate you get from .42p to .23p ish so will so you will only make about £50000 over the 25years