Sign in to follow this  
Simple Simon

Dr. Who T-Shirt Competition

The BBC television drama series “Doctor Who” is 50 years old this autumn. To celebrate his birthday Oswestry Town Market in association with Community-Online are giving YOU the chance to win an exclusive Doctor Who t-shirt featuring a caricature of your favourite Doctor.

11 caricatures of all the Doctors with quotes will be displayed close to the cafe, upstairs in Oswestry Town Market from early November. Regular Community-Online users will have seen the caricatures and quotes as my avatar throughout 2013. 

Can you identify from what Doctor Who stories each of the eleven quotes come?

If you can, write your answers on a postcard or sealed down envelope and send them to the address below along with your t-shirt size (S, M, L, XL, XXL), the Doctor you want printed on the shirt and your own name and address.

David Clough, Dr Who T-Shirt Competition, The Guildhall, Oswestry, Shropshire, SY11 1PZ

The closing date for entries is 23rd November 2013.

The first correct answer out of the hat wins. And, here are the clues:

1st Doctor Who: "An U_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _   Child" (or "1 _ _ , _ _ _ bc" or "The Cave of S _ _ _ _ _")

2nd Doctor Who: "The War G _ _ _ _"

3rd Doctor Who: "The T _ _ _  Warrior"

4th Doctor Who: "The Deadly A _ _ _ _ _ _ _"

5th Doctor Who: "Earth _ _ _ _ _"

6th Doctor Who: "The T _ _ _ _ of a Time Lord" (or "The Mysterious P _ _ _ _ _")

7th Doctor Who: "Remembrance of the D _ _ _ _ _"

8th Doctor Who: "Doctor Who - The M _ _ _ _"

9th Doctor Who: "The P _ _ _ _ _ _  of the Ways"

10th Doctor Who: "The End of T _ _ _"

11th Doctor Who: "The G _ _  Complex"

Edited by Simple Simon

I remember when I was a little girl Doctor Who used to terrify me.

This competition is very hard, but I have memories of a story with the 3rd Doctor Who in which he said something about going in straight lines. It had a monster with no neck and it was set in history, the past, another era, not the present day and not in the future.

Your memory isn't cheating you.

The story that the clue refers to featured the introduction of the Sontarans, a race of creatures with no necks. They still appear in the current series all their first appearance was way back in 1974.

Just a few more hours to go if you want to win an exclusive Dr. Who t-shirt...

And the eleventh answer is "The God Complex".

You've still got enough time to enter if you can post your answers in the letter box of the address above. Good luck, everyone!

This competition is now closed although the exhibition of caricatures will remain in the Powis Market through December.

A draw was made earlier today and the winning entry lives in Oswestry. I'm in the process of getting the t-shirt printed now.