Sign in to follow this  
Simple Simon

Delivering Flyers...(OUCH!!!!)

I've just delivered well over 1000 A6 card flyers for polling in the "Do you want a direct traffic free path to Gobowen?" consultation (poll closes on the 18th December 2012, folks).

Here are some observations:

Never mind the dogs, some of the letterboxes are LETHAL! They scrape the skin off the back of your hand. Tip: Use a finger to push the flap in rather than stick your whole hand in. Some of them snap back into place with a bight.

Keep to one side of the road going out and come back on the other side.

Some people display posters saying "No this, No that, No the other". I don't like receiving cold callers or junk mail either, but you risk isolation.

Dogs always bark.

Do it all on foot - you need the excercise. If you use your car you'll wear the battery down.

Take car of slippery paths.

Do the distribution on a weekday as dogs will be inside and kids will be in school.

Be prepared for people taking the flyer off you, looking blanky at you, not bothering to read it and just popping it in the bin.

Some people are really interested, so be prepared to stop and talk for long periods.

Distributing flyers makes your legs hurt!

I can imagine some distributors of parish newsletters having similiar experiences...