Sign in to follow this  
Maggie

Living along the Cut, Canal Memories

I'm chuffed to announce that Aqueducks have got a HLF grant to run 'Living along the Cut, Canal Memories' on the WHS 11 mile stretch of Llangollen Canal. Remember the great 'Show and Tell' we did in Chirk Bank? Well this will be more of these, in all the villages along the canal, plus walks and then recording stories and scanning old photographs to produce an archive and podcasts etc etc. If you want to get involved let us know, all help gratefully received and we will definitely have some fun doing this. Some training involved too, and cakes. The next meeting of Aqueducks is on Thursday 29th November in Chirk Bank Methodist Hall at 7pm (it's our AGM). Why not come along too. http://www.hlf.org.u...px#.UK-7EOS6c80

Edited by Maggie

It occurs to me that Community Online could be involved in this; any stories or old photographs out there about Gledrid, Chirk Bank or lower Ceiriog valley? I heard one at the last parish council meeting of how the Gledrid Bridge, now the 'Gateway to the World Heritage Site' was kept open by taking a donkey across it to demonstrate it should be kept as a road. I'm sure there are loads more! Why not post some on here. I'd like to know more about the old guy who once lived in a caravan on the plot beside the aqueduct where we now have the allotments.