Sign in to follow this  
MarkB

Green Room/Council meetings...

At the moment The Green Room Youth Project is open every Wednesday evening from 6.30pm to 8.30pm except for the 2nd Wednesday of the month when the pavilion is usually used for a parish council meeting.

Being the parent of 4 children,all under the age of 16,who regularly attend the Green Room i frequently see their disapointment when the Youth Project is unable to open on the 2nd Weds in the month.

Having looked on the Parish Council Website i now also find it frustrating to see that the children are missing out when in June, July and August the council meetings are not being held in the pavillion.

Surely some sort of dialogue can be made between the council and the Green Room so that the youngsters of Gobowen dont regularly miss out, especially during the winter months.

Edited by Microman

Hi

I am the project leader at the Green Room and just for the record the main reason the youth session does not open more than 3 sessions a month is the cost involved. We need a minimum of 2 people to open and are fortunate to have a volunteer who helps every week.

It is unfair to say that the parish council are to blame for there being only 3 to 4 sessions a month. If peopel come forward and are happy to volunteer we may be able to open more often.

We have Awards for All funding and have some sports and media sessions to arrange so as soon as we are ready to role news will be posted.

If anyone has time to spare please ring Julie on 01691 677301

It is unfair to say that the parish council are to blame for there being only 3 to 4 sessions a month. If peopel come forward and are happy to volunteer we may be able to open more often.

I dont think anybody was blaming the parish council for both the childrens and my own frustrations. This was certainly not the case in the above post....Now that the financial implications have been mentioned as the main reason for not opening on the 2nd Weds in the month it is easier for the children to understand why they cannot attend.

Edited by MarkB