Sign in to follow this  

Star People are coming to the area on Tuesday 19th June!!

My name is Andy Haynes - I am the Star People Award Manager covering the area.

I work in Big Local Areas and bring support (financial and practical) to help get things going - like this excellent forum!!! Click here to find out more about the Star People Programme.

We believe that the best way to make a community better is to ask the people who live in it what they would do differently, then help them do it - and that's what I want to do next Tuesday 19th June.

I'm coming to visit the area and would like your advice on where I should go, who I should meet and somewhere to have my tea as I like my food!! :P

I'll be available from 1pm until 9pm and I would really like to meet up with people who have ideas about things they want to do in the area and whom I might be able to help join the Star People Programme.

Feel free to suggest away on this discussion topic or message me directly through the forum so we can connect up.

All the best and I hope to fill my diary up!!

Thanks

Andy B)

Bump!

Any suggestions?

Would love to meet anyone who would be happ to tell me more about the area.

Also would like to meet/talk to people who would like some support (financial and practical) to do somehting in the area.

Post on here or drop me a message!!

Thanks

Andy

Well I'm here and enjoying the visit to the area.

I've visited and ridden around all three areas - I can see that the area looks lovely and picturesque - however I am sure that is only part of the story and I'll find out more a I get to know you all.

I've connected with Eileen in St Martins Church in Gobowen and had a cup of tea with the sequence dancers in the church hall.

I have met someone who has applied to the Star People Programme for funding to support a project using fencing (the sport) to engage with young people and introduce them to the physical and social benefits of sport.

I've also connected with Laurel from Qube and I shall be coming to the next Big Local public meeting to talk about the Star People Programme.

I'm about to go and have a ride around Gobowen, St Matins and Weston Rhyn and see what is going on at this time of night in the areas and I may pop into the Institute as I believe there is some bingo going on - I'll have a chat with people there.

So if you see a guy on a red motorbike in black jacket/trousers then wave me down and say hello!!!

Hi Andy

Great to know there is someone willing to go out and about to meet people.

Can I invite you to the St Martins Centre one morning, I might make you a cupper but cannot promis anything to eat!

suescho