suenick

Parish Council minutes.

Selattyn and Gobowen Parish Council uses the forum regularly to ensure that residents are aware of new projects and initiatives, we are currently advertising on the forum this weeks Tennis sessions. We use the forum it in conjunction with twitter and facebook accounts and find it a very useful way of providing information to residents.

What with local council elections and AGM's and Annual Parish Meetings all taking place in May it has been a very busy time for Parish Clerks so some regular postings may have slipped, which is why our minutes for April were 2 weeks late being posted on here.

If you have a problem with information provided here by Parish Clerks may I suggest that you discuss it with them direct as it is not mandatory that they use this site.

Edited by Parish Clerk

Thanks for the prompt reply. I agree that it is a busy time for clerks at this time of the year but I wondered why all three councils seemed to have stopped posting the minutes.

Another thing to remember was that 2 parish councils had to delay the May meeting by a week due to the legal requirements relating to holding the first meeting after an election, this meant that the April minutes were not agreed until the 15.5.13. Minutes cannot be posted on this site until they have been formally agreed by the Parish Council so there is always a 1 month delay.

I live in Gobowen and I would like to extend my grateful thanks to our council for putting up the minutes of the meetings and the parish newsletter. I see this site very much as a one stop shop for gathering information on village life.

And a big thank you to Lee for putting the details on the site.