Sign in to follow this  
Community Online

Community Online should it continue?

Community Online  

12 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you want Community Online to continue?

• YES
    • NO

A quick show of hands from all our members to see if they actually want Community Online to continue....

If yes then all I ask is that people contribute every now and again, the more you all put in the more we all get out.

I would also be interested to hear people comments about the site, issues, problems, improvements etc.  these can be posted below.

Thanks,

I can understand your request Lee.   I find it an excellent way of keeping in touch with local events and would be very sad to lose the interests and benefits of it.   I am guilty of not signing-in often enough and rather rely on receiving emails from those who do; particularly when there is something of great importance i.e., Solar farms etc.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Rob 

Just popped back to make the following comment Lee:-  I have found on several occasions that friends, to whom I have mentioned Community Online, have been unaware of it.   Obviously advertising would be expensive and I am wondering if it would be useful for a leaflet to be produced for handing out door to door in our local areas; I certainly would be happy to have a go in the Gobowen area.

Rob

It boils down to the cost and effort to keep the site running against the lack of engagement from the membership. As to promotion...and off the top of my head:

The username mugs to each member and some distributed free around the villages, the two competitions upstairs in Oswestry Indoor Market, the posters in Hengoed and Gobowen, the flyers featuring a link to the site distributed to EVERY HOUSEHOLD (bar 2) in Gobowen, the voting boxes in the Post Office, the Garden Café and Gobowen Library, flyers featuring links sent to some households around Oswestry, the brand new football kit with the logo (match funded out of our own pockets), updates in the Roundabout (including the latest issue)...I'm sure the list can be added to.

From a very nasty and hungry Great White.

...and the banner for the IT project...

...eh, and the cuddly toy...

Most definitely it should continue. Advertising will certainly help. Anyone wishing to know more, and uncertain about accessing the site on a computer, I'm sure can get all the help they need by dropping in to the Pavilion (Gobowen Playing Fields) on a Thursday mornings (10 til 12). Everyone is very helpful, enthusiastic, and very willing to assist -

(AND IT'S FREE!!!)

Edited by Bethan
spelling

Thanks for the comments, as Simple Simon mentions about there has been a lot of effort and costs to the promotion. 

There are 264 members of this forum and the group email posted to over 200 of those members and just 11 come back with a response.

This could just simply be a case of members forgetting their passwords, as there's certainly no shortage of topics to talk about.

I must admit I'm a lurker circling in the deep dark depths of the "Who's Online" section, constantly refreshing it to see what topics the Guests are reading. There appears to be a spike during Saturday evenings, probably because of the twaddle on telly.