Sign in to follow this  
MarkB

Horses In Meadows Again...

Well its happened again... 15 Horses were put in the meadows yesterday (Sunday Afternoon) despite the presence of police and the objections of local residents.  2 gypsies, an old man and a younger male, turned up with a cattle truck (I wonder if this was taxed and insured) and were initially attempting to entice the horses into the Meadows with bread via the School Lane entrance, the older man with a horse even pushed past one police officer who was trying to stop him entering The Meadows (IF I HAD DONE THAT i WOULD BE ARRESTED IMMEDIATELY)... 

There was chaos in School Lane with loose horses running around, they were even dangerously crossing the Chirk Road despite the traffic. These horses are obviously wild and have not been broken in, they are a danger to the public who use The Meadows. My mother, who had horse s___ all over her drive in School Lane, and other neighbours were objecting only to be told "Only for a couple of days love"...

Anyway as I said earlier, despite police presence, the gypsies persevered and managed to get the 15 horses into The Meadows by breaking the fence of a local resident (AGAIN IF I HAD DONE THAT I WOULD BE ARRESTED IMMEDIATELY).

We all know what happened last time horses were put in The Meadows, they were wild, frightening the locals and one horse even unfortunately died down there.

Just how can the local authorities allow this to happen again when the police were in attendance and numerous laws have obviously been broken. I find it uncomprehending why they are allowed to get away with it in the first instance. All the police are saying is "Enquiries are ongoing"...

As I said earlier "A LOCAL RESIDENT WOULD BE ARRESTED IMMEDIATELY FOR CRIMINAL DAMAGE TO THE LOCALS FENCE AT THE VERY LEAST".

Completely unbelievable...