Sign in to follow this  
MarkB

Hengoed Cemetary...

I seem to recall recently in a few issues of the Gobowen Roundabout concerns being raised by the Parish Council over the upkeep and safety of many monuments and gravstones in Hengoed Cemetary, Gobowen. I am not aware if similar concerns were raised over any monuments at Preeshenlle Chapel in School Lane. 

As we know all headstones are owned and are the responsibility of the grave owner or their next of kin. The problem arising today is the up keep of these monuments, when loved ones have moved away or when families have died out and there is no one left to take care of the plots. However, if a memorial is found to be in an unsafe condition, councils have the obligation of making them safe. (British Gravestone Standard 8415, requires that a stone remains upright when a lateral force of 35kg is applied to its apex).

Usually making the gravestones safe simply involves lying them flat in the plot so that no injury could be caused to third parties visiting the cemetary.  This action by the Parish Council is without doubt the most cost effective and safe way of undertakIng such an operation.

I have tried without success to locate the Issues if Roundabout where these issues were raised and also the plots that were highlighghted as dangerous and in need of restoration work.

Can anybody help to let me know what editions these issues were raised in. Your help would be much appreciated.

Thank You In Advance,

Mark Breeze

Thank You for your help chaps...  

Very Much Appreciated...

Mark...

Just noticed Lee that the pdf downloads of the Roundabout do not work, All come up with the message "Web Page Not available"

Mark...