meandher

West place parking

The green in west place is fast becoming a mud bath as its now being used as a car/van park,with some evenings there can be as many as 10  vehicles parked on the grass.The council really need to do something about this as the children will have nowhere to play.

I think you are not allowed to drive on common land unless you need access to your property.  So I would therefore assume you are not allowed to drive on or park on an area of commonland or village green.  As Simple Simon says above, I would think its a question for Shropshire Council or maybe Gobowen and Selattyn Parish Council might be able to advise.

When I was a child of primary school age (Approx 45 years ago) we used to spend hour upon hour playing football on the green (This was before the days of the playing fields). The tree used to be one goalpost and a jumper or cricket stump the other. There were no complaints from the locals or the neighbouring residents whatsoever, in fact we were encouraged to play there. Due to its shape it was like Wembley to us kids...

How things have changed...

Now the children would be told to move on and its the adults that are making the green look a mess and causing problems. Shame on them...

Thank you all for your advice,unfortunately no one seems to be interested,it seems that the low life on the council estate can wallow in a mud bath of their own making,except I didn't make it.I wonder if it the response would be different if it were that nice middle class estate the other side of the playing fields.I think I should stop giving a damn and not care about my community,but then again I'm just not that kind of person. I was raised at a time when community still mattered,people still used manners,gentlemen held doors open for lady's,people checked on their elderly neighbours,in short we had a community,and it worked and it cared.

Edited by meandher