Sign in to follow this  
fatcat69

Weston Cottage and the Davies family from Fron Isaf farm

Hi

I have been doing my family tree in the past and just getting back on to it after a number  of years. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about Weston Cottage and where exactly it is. I was told that its name has been changed to a Welsh name now but don't  know what  it is. Hugh Davies lived there up until 1956 and his sister, Maggie Davies a little longer. Don't know if it passed to any other family members Any info appreciated Regards Chris

Hi fatcat, don't know if this is of any help but my ancestors Edward Green and later Thomas and Tamar Duckett (Same family) lived at Weston papermill  Weston Rhyn. in the 1780s - early - mid 1800's. There was an Oak cottage nearby and I'm fairly certain that there was a Weston Cottage. Incidentally The family of  a HUGH Davies feature in the will of one of my ancestors, I don't know if it was the same family as yours. If so I can name a few of the other members in the 1890's if you are interested. Greta.

I would love it Greta The name Duckett a bell for me also Do you know where in Weston Rhyn Weston Cttage is. Is it actually in Weston Rhyn or do you know which road it is on Regards Chris 

Hi Greta just looked on 1891 Census and  I found a Mary B Duckettworking for Rose Davies at 16 The Cross Oswestry It was a confectioners and Victuallers and  I think I have a  copy of the will somewhere mentioning some of the  Davies  Do you live round that area?

Edited by fatcat69