Sign in to follow this  
MarkB

New Business.

Is there any Parish funding available (small grants, low interest loans etc) for long term unemployed Parishioners who might wish to set up a new small business venture as a means to getting back into the workplace? 

There is help out there such as the Governments New Enterprise Allowance Scheme, The Princes Trust Fund and Prime for people over 50 but I was wondering if there was any help available at a more local level.

I understand there is help available to organisations in the parish who might benefit from Parish Grant Funding. Maybe the council could also look at grant aid for new small businesses as these new ventures often help stimulate the local economy.

MarkB.

3 Parishes Big Local has combined with Fairshare Credit Union to facilitate loans, particularly for businesses. Check out details on 3P Big Local Facebook page, www.big-local.org or pop along to The Gobowen Scout Hut tomorrow between 2.30 - 4.30.

Thanks for a very helpful reply... I would never have thought of going to a Credit Union for a small business start-up loan. I shall pop along to the Scout Hut and see what Fairshare has to offer.

I noticed on the Big Local Website that some of the Big Local 1m could possibly be used for Social Investment such as Microfinance: Small low cost loans for the self-employed and those setting up very small businesses.

I think its an excellent idea if it gets the go ahead...

UnLtd may also be able to provide funding depending on your venture. https://unltd.org.uk/path/ 

They can provide grants to help people explore ideas if there is a social benefit involved in the venture.  3P Big Local can put you in touch with someone at UnLtd to discuss your idea as we currently have intensive support available for this area.  Please get in touch with us if you would like more information.

http://www.big-local.org/contact-us