Sign in to follow this  
Liam Hope

Unadopted Road Issues

Wondering if the wonderful world of community online could help.

I live on a un-adopted road in Gobowen, which to be frank is in serious need of some TLC. We have elderly, pregnant and disabled people living on the street and have been quoted in the region of £20,000 to bring the road back to its former beauty.

So the point of my post is as follows;

1, Does anybody know if there are grants/loans/help available to people living on un-adopted roads?

2, If I was to contact the council to seek advice/help, who could I contact?

We have repaired the road numerous times and it is now in desperate need of the current surface being taken off and replaced. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Usually, now, once a development is completed, a developer will pay something towards Shropshire Council, who, once they have checked that the road is up to standard, will then 'adopt' that road.  There are quite a few older roads around here which have never been adopted for one reason or another.  The first point of call is your Councillor,  who can take this up with Shropshire Council officers on your behalf.  It must feel very unfair when you pay council tax to find out that you are responsible for the upkeep of a road.  

UPDATE

I emailed the Parish Clerk on the 16/10 to see if she could pass my email on to either of the Councillors. I received a response on the 20/10 informing me that David Lloyd is not well and she will ask Robert Macey to respond.

As of today, still no response.

I know my request will not be high on the Councillors agenda but 20 days without a actual response I think is a bit poor.