Sign in to follow this  
Simple Simon

Wat's Meadow

Wat's Meadow was partly built a couple of years ago. It was planned to be a new housing estate on the outskirts of Gobowen. A new roundabout just outside the village was created to allow access for residents as the estate would be sandwiched between the Wrexham Road and the railway line.

However, the recession hit and the estate was never completed, but a number of houses were finished. I'm not sure if any of them are occupied.

I've learnt that there are also plans to develop the old coal yard situated behind the railway station with afordable houses, but the market is so depressed and there doesn't seem to be any sign of an upturn in the foreseeable future.

Shouldn't we concentrate on bringing old or unused properties back into use first?

I sometimes go around to Wat's Meadow when taking my dog, Tricky-Woo for a walk. I don't think any of those new properties are occupied. The footpath leading down to the estate is also covered in broken glass. Someone should clear it up.

Perhaps our local council should get that lazy playing field litter picker to do it!