Sign in to follow this  
Liam Hope

Running around Gobowen question.

Hello,

I'm hoping somebody may be able to shed some light on a question I have.

I have started running around Gobowen at night and I want to be able past the orthopedic (just in case :) ) but I'm a bit reluctant to run down the road to the orthopedic because there is no path or street lights..... So my question is (finally) Is running through the Derwen College allowed as this is the safest route to get past the orthopedic as it is both lit and has paths????.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Right....

I think you're referring to Twmpath Lane. It has a pavement from the back entrance into the Derwen College to the roundabout on the bypass. The route you appear to be using is through the college via a drive that links Bypass Road in Gobowen to Twmpath Lane by the entrance to the "Woodland Walk" (over seem speed bunps and a bridge across a stream).

It's a route I've cycled through a number of times, but I think it is Derwen property. During certain public holidays both gates are closed to traffic.

There is a public footpath from the corner of Twmpath Lane on Bypass Road via a kissing gate, through the grounds of the college, past the bowling green, the coffee shop and the football pitch. It crosses the drive, goes through the Woodland Walk, over the main railway line, behind Meadowbrook and the hospital, over the disused railway line, through a field and out on the road leading into Gobowen. It's unlit and muddy in places. 

I understand the Derwen have had talks with the council regarding safety issues concerning this route.