Sign in to follow this  
Gardner

Council Elections - What a BORE!

It's polling day and I'm not inspired to vote.

The trouble is we've all heard about the cuts that are going to happen. I've had 2 flyers from 3 candidates and the most they can offer is a freeze on my rates.

No one has actually been around to speak to me.

Does anyone else in the area feel the same as me, or is this another dead thread?

Hi I can understand your feeling of frustration, I had two posters through my door but no one ever does or seem to knock on doors and ask you for your opionion these days, still regardless of that fact I will still go and vote even though there is not a lot to choose from. It is the only way to make your feelings known & my ancestors fought hard to get a vote so waste not want not as it where!

What you should do is put your self up as a candidate most of the local candidates have full time jobs so a bit hard to get around every one, and you should vote for the one who does more for your village not who they support,

For anyone who is interested, 235 votes were cast in Gobowen Pavilion yesterday. When I say "cast", some of them may have been spoilt. All Saints Church Hall was also used as a Polling Station, but I have no information on the turnout there. Voters had a choise of 3 candidates and 2 places on Shropshire Council were available.

Does anyone else have information on Weston Rhyn and St Martins?

I thought it was quite interesting that non of the candidates chose to use this forum, I am not saying that we necessary want this to be a platform for endless campaigning but just to get themselves known to the members of the forum and the numbers of people that follow and read content as a guest.

As Simple Simon mentions, just 235 votes were cast in Gobowen and not all were valid, and then take a look at the numbers that participate in this forum:

Members - 187

Facebook 'Likes' - 77

Twitter Followers - 273