Sign in to follow this  
MichelleJones

Heart Start First Aid course

I am looking to run a FREE Heart Start basic first Aid course at the end of June in the Institute.   The course is available for anybody over 12 yrs and aims to teach basic first aid including CPR and  how to recognise signs of Stroke and Heart Attack, as well as what to do if someone is choking.  It is a 2 hour course and you will recieve a certificate upon completion. Please message me for more details or to book a place on shellie744@msn.com.  

Hello Michelle

I attended a similiar course at Craven Arms last summer. It was run by Shropshire Council, and I know that Selattyn & Gobowen Council were thinking about running a short course at the pavilion in Gobowen.

Perhaps a good idea would be to contact the councils and youth clubs. I know the Parish Clerk missed out on doing the course that I attended, so I suspect she would be very interested.

Thank you Simple Simon, I have spoken to the Parish Clerk.  The course will be run on Saturday 22nd June at the Institute in the upstairs room.  The time is to be confirmed but the provisional time is 1.30pm. 

Booking is essential as places are limited, so please email me on shellie744@msn.com or telephone me on 01691773598 (leave a message and i will call you back).

I'm not sure how many people attended, Michelle, but from work experience over many years some companies have to renew the first aid training and this would be a good venue if you could organise and publicise this type of class.  I will help if you need me.