leebarnfield

Are you UnLtd?

It's almost a year since I was awarded an UnLtd Do It Award to promote, expand and sustain the Community Online project.

It's got me thinking.... who else has received an award from UnLtd. It would be interesting to see who is doing what and maybe we could collaborate and share experiences, knowledge etc....

Hi Lee,

I am a Unltd award winner, just now rolling out practical photography courses for beginners. Im trying to give people who find it hard to get time for themselves (carers) and the older members out there. new hobbies so that they can get out and enjoy new things. First course is being held in St Martins Centre starting Monday April the 8th 10-1pm. everyone welcome, bring your camera along or hire a dslr cmera to use, limited supply. 5 week block course, can guarantee it will be a fun and easy going course.

Sounds a great project, I attempt a bit of photography myself :)

Maybe we could get some of your group members to join the forum and post some pictures of our area.

Out of interest.... why did you go for St.Martins Centre and not Weston Rhyn Institute.

It's almost a year since I was awarded an UnLtd Do It Award to promote, expand and sustain the Community Online project.

It's got me thinking.... who else has received an award from UnLtd. It would be interesting to see who is doing what and maybe we could collaborate and share experiences, knowledge etc....

Yes, me. I got one to help with the costs of doing the campaign for the traffic free route. I'm also helping a friend to make an application for an award to help expand the facilities we have with the Gobowen I.T. Learning Project.

I've got to say that Andy and UnLtd have been really helpful. It's always a case of forming filling and ticking the right boxes, but I cannot fault their friendliness and professionalism (blimey! I'm sounding like I'm giving eBay feedback....ah, memories...).

It would be nice to give UnLtd a big "Thank You".

You can use the Gobowen Pavilion on St Martins Road as a venue, it is all set up with a projector and wifi network, ideal as a training venue and we have excellent parking facilites I am sure that there will be a demand for this is Gobowen. Please get in contact if you wish to find out more.

I have just heard I have got one too,  to start an 'Incredible Edible' project across the area.  I'm looking for people, and spaces to plant free food, starting with fruit trees along the canal,  diggers would be helpful!  (see Incredible Edible thread, and lovely article by Hayley in the Wren this month.)

I've heard on the grapevine that applications for funding for community projects through UnLtd via SRCC are down. There's something about how to go about putting in an application and the different types of awards available in the autumn 2013 issue of the Selattyn & Gobowen Parish Roundabout. This will be online here when I've finished putting it together.

I have just had a thought about this......

It's Community Online's 2nd Birthday on the 12th of October and I was planning a little event to mark the occasion.  It would be open to anyone who wants to come along.....  but what if we specifically put out an invite to UnLtd and the projects it has supported in the area?  Maybe people could do a little presentation to showcase what they have been doing, and possibly and opportunity to discuss any future ideas of support/funding.

It would also be an opportunity to put names to faces, meet and greet etc.

Hi Lee

I am part of the ever growing UnLtd family. Was awarded a grant in October 2013 to develop a couple ideas for groups targeting social inclusion and mental health issues. Cue Gluing For Grownups and KnitWork. Its taken a while but I have just got these off the ground. Its enormously exciting. Now if I can just find a way to make them pay so I leave my current job.....