Sign in to follow this  
Maggie

Mens Shed

Are any chaps in Weston Rhyn interested in getting together and forming a Mens Shed group?

I'm just back from Islington where I visited various 'growing It' projects (Big Local event).  One community building had a very active Mens Shed Group, who made things, (lot of recycling going on), used the computers, played darts and snooker, went on trips (to pubs)  or just hung out .  I thought it was a great idea,  What do you all think?

Here is a link to a website, (but the Islington one was more leisure based)

http://menssheds.org.uk/

Maybe it's the name, Maggie.

Just to confirm: you don't have to own a shed or meet in a shed. It's just guys getting together & hopefully talking to each other, maybe to do a bit of male-gender specific activities & berate the missus' a bit.

Think of it as the male version of Knit & Natter - Nut & Natter?

Chat & Spanner?

GREAT DIY / (Get Round 'Ere And Talk) DIY or in my other half's case (Get Round 'Ere Avoid The) DIY

... something to think about anyway!

I've not logged onto the site for a while, hence the belated reply.....

It's a shame you haven't had more of a response: sounds like a great idea.  Now, if I could get my husband interested in such a group....... I know where to point him.

Great idea - my husband spends hours down in the shed or in the garage.  It's a great place to hide from the telephone, the internet and probably me as well.  Sheds are also good for home brewing - when the weather is warm enough!  Remember a television programme many years ago - I forget what it was called but William Gaut was in it - he had his radio in his shed, his home brew, a dart board as well as DIY equipment and gardening tools.  He had a deckchair stationed outside the door for sunny days as well - I remember my husband saying that he wanted his shed to be the same one day.  At the moment its too cold for the shed but he'll be out there before long.