Sign in to follow this  
Fisherman

new builds in weston rhyn parish

so there is an article in the wren saying the parish council has given the go ahead to new build outside the current structue.I beg to differ. Does any one know the actual sites in wern, weston rhyn , rhosweil and preesgween it seems a mystery

You can ask amy member of the parish council, the Clerk - Mr Roger Dyke - or call in at the Council Office Reception - they should have a copy of the plans.

I attended the public open session of last night's parish council meeting to present the results of a survey I have carried out in Rhoswiel on the subject of future development in the area. They were to debate the issue later in the meeting. Please look out for the minutes of the meeting.

Update on the above:

Shropshire Council have urged the Parish Council to reconsider their decision to designate the whole of the parish as a 'Community Cluster' and to include land for development amounting to over 27 acres. This area could support well over 1000 new houses, in spite of the fact that Shropshire Council have told the PC that they will only need 50 to 100 new houses over the next 13 years. The PC have also chosen to ignore surveys carried out in Chirk Bank and Rhoswiel where the overwhelming majority of residents said they did not want any new building outside the current development boundaries. The PC decided at their meeting last Monday to continue with their previous view, thus ignoring the advice of Shropshire Council.

A 1000 new homes!  Won't that double the size of the village?  Is there really a requirement for this kind of expansion?  Can the existing village infrastructure even cope.

The village have only 1 real access road and already has poor utilities and minimal shops/service etc. 

If you think the parking/traffic is bad around the school and by Post Office now what will another 1000 properties do?

The Parish Council is acting without due process, they have not asked on single resident (as far as I know) what their thoughts are on having 1000 new houses built in the area. What happened to democracy" government for the people by the people". We are not living in the middle ages, where the local guilds and reeve of the manor decided how the peasants lived. Shropshire County Council themselves have said that even they do not require that many buildings being put within one small parish. So what agenda is the parish council working on? Remember you are there to support the people of the parish not the building companies or landowners!

It's the annual parish meeting soon - when the likes of you and I can go to the meeting and have our say.  The more people who attend the AGM (in May I think) the better - certainly the current infrastructure in the village wont support 1000 new homes, but if another 100 were built it may sway Shropshire Council to upgrade the status of the main road through the village to a B classification rather than unclassified as at present.  Having a B road through the village means that the county pay the cost of street lighting on that route which would reduce lighting costs for the rest of the settlement.

Discuss?

Ok all

1000 houses, is there a need. I don't think.there are many houses in the village which could be bought by locals if the price of properties carry on as they are it will be a nightmare for anyone Would new builds be any more affordable I doubt it very much .I know people who have council property in the village who have asked to upgrade ie-from a flat to house and vic versa and the council doesn't want to know,in fact people from outside the village get the property first but that's another story.

Lets have a public vote on what is required regarding building as we are the ones which live here.

I have lived in this parish for over 40 yrs , and am not against change , but wouldn't it be nice if the youngsters of today and tomorrow had at least some of the fields and woods to play in as I and my friends did.

I agree with institutewatcher in that it has to be the our, the community as a whole's advantage to have this increase in housing.  If we see genuine improvements to our area then its a good idea, and limiting to 50 maybe even 100 at the maximum.

As Fisherman says it would be nice if local residents or people who grew up in the area get the opportunity to purchase these new properties.

My concern is I mentioned before, can the village cope with more housing with only 1 main road?  Will the services cope?

I also think that many people chose to and like to live in a small countryside village community, I for one do not like the idea of this massively expanding development.

I note with some relief that the Parish Council have at last accepted Shropshire Council's advice that the development trend in the parish is 6 houses per year, that is about 80 houses over the next 13 years. Since they have reiterated their decision that we should be a 'community cluster', all they have to do now is severely limit the promoted sites for development.

In the minutes of their meeting in November they explained that their decision to designate the parish as a community cluster was to allow housing for the younger members of the parish to be provided and that if we were designated as 'countryside' no development would be allowed outside the current development boundaries. This is not the case as 'affordable housing' can be provided outside development boundaries even if we are 'countryside'. Therefore, why did they decide, without any proper consultation of residents, to designate us as a 'community cluster' ?

May I also point out that my submission to the PC on the 11th Feb was a survey and not a petition as reported in their minutes.

Finally, I appreciated Angela Bright's article in this month's Wren entitled 'Chirk Bank Community Group' and applaud her stance.

Well it looks like the planning committee for Shropshire might well have other idea's about the 6 houses per year if as is likely this coming Tuesday they will be allowing 7 houses to be built courtesy of the Parish Council on one site alone in Chirk Bank and where one leads others follow. The parish council have still not asked residents as yet whether we will want to be a hub or a cluster where is the democracy!

Well it appears that we have lost out to Shropshire Planning  they are allowing planning permission for houses on Spekes Field despite the facts that were put forward by the residents in the area. Democracy is now dead and the Parish Council have not helped at all. Are you going to ask the residents if they wish to be a hub or a cluster, even the Falklands can have a referendum you know we are not Russia (yet) !!!