Weston Rhyn Village Hall - Public Meeting and AGM

We are in the process of applying for a general village hall licence which will allow us to serve drinks at parties and fund-raising events, plus raise money from raffles, etc with larger cash prizes.  Again, when a party is booked we will need a volunteer to service the drinks and be responsible for the takings.  The licence is not attached to a person's name but attached to the management committee as a bodfy.

I can tell you that this year the pavilion in Gobowen was used for 2 children's parties because it was large enough, heated, has a car park, a kitchen and some toilets.

One of the parents expressed in interested in using the building for a late night booking (10om to 2pm) for an event involving alcohol, but the council wouldn't allow it because they don't have a licence.

The institute is a much larger building with more facilities. Would a late night party disturb in the main hall local residents? Is there anywhere else in WR that could hold this type of event?

The new Glyn Wylfa centre in Chirk will have a free to use community room adjacent to the cafe, and the hope is that this will generate trade for the cafe from meetings.  I expect Aqueducks will use this for our meetings,  I cannot see how the village halls in Shrops can compete with that..