Sign in to follow this  
meandher

Super fast broadband

I assume that is because Gobowen is on the Oswestry exchange and they are being upgraded to BT infinity.

We over in Weston Rhyn are coming off the Chirk exchange and I think they still have women plugging in wires to connect calls.

I used to find in Weston Rhyn the broadband speeds were very hit and miss, I was getting as low as 120k when the street not 50m away were getting 8mb at exactly the same time.

@ Leebarnfield, it aint fair is it?,  just after xmas my speed in West place, gobowen went down to 0.17mb - 0.28 with BT (Virtually unusable), it was never brilliant at about 0.9 -1.2mb so I rang 'em up and told 'em i was canceling my contract unless this was sorted, they told me if they sent out an engineer it'd cost me £99 if it was found to be my fault/equipement, anyway he came checked wireing, my setup etc, no probs there, went away came back 2 hours later scratching his head, couldnt find a problem, he got intouch with the exchange who said due to it continually dropping out they had slowed down the whole system???  My internet never dropped out!  I told engineer That I was going to cancel and to leave it, he said he would sort it and he did. I now have a download speed of between 4.8 and 5.6mb and all he did was make a call and say I'd cancel if nowt was done, so its faster than its ever been now and it aint dropped out once (touch wood).....Just goes to show it aint always the "Old Wiring" like they tell you......its just a matter of getting their arses into gear!

4.8 to 5.8 in GOBOWEN!!!!!!!  I have never got above  .9mb   Just can't wait for High Speed or are they talking about HS2 on the Oswestry  to Gobowen link?   I did hear that it was going to rolled out in May but BT soesn't seem to know this.