Sign in to follow this  
Lisa Sustrans

Sustrans Group Coordinator (Upton Magna - Welsh End) wanted

This essential role acts to co-ordinate the local Sustrans volunteer group.

The group is in a semi rural area in Shropshire. Communication with Sustrans staff and volunteers is a big part of this role, as well as making volunteering fun for all locally. The group co-ordinator helps all the volunteers to use their skills and interests so they can really get involved.

You will be involved with our volunteer rangers, staff and partners to help maintain and promote the National Cycle Network and put it at the heart of the local community. You will also help our volunteers and staff to promote Sustrans' other projects which encourage and support people to travel in ways which benefit their health and the environment. (Role description attached)

There are a number of volunteers already active in the area. The role will start in the New Year, but there is the opportunity to meet up with the existing Group Co-ordinator in November, learn about the role and meet the group before taking over.

For more information contact your local Volunteer Co-ordinator, Lisa Hartley on lisa.hartley@sustrans.org.uk or 0161 923 6050.

To apply please complete and return the volunteer application form attached.

Please feel free to circulate this opportunity to anyone who it maybe of interest too.

THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED

Edited by Community Online

You may be aware that I am a Ranger for Sustrans and am assigned some of the routes that this coordinator will be involved in, so I will get to work with the person who ultimately takes this role.

If I had more time its something that I would love to do, but unfortunately I have too many other commitments. Its a fantastic opportunity for someone. :)