Sign in to follow this  
Mark Turner

What to do about the Telephone Box in Selattyn

What a fantastic opportunity to do something interesting! I remember visiting the Eden Centre before it was finished, and there were exhibitions within small sheds which I thought were amazing. One about rubber was particularly imaginative with lots of (small) touchy feely things around the walls and floor. Information was in laminated book form. So my suggestion would be 'History of Selattyn in miniature'. Maybe have miniature copies of some of the 'After Offa' Art work (which look good at postcard size), and laminate some of the stories.

Apparently there is one in Chester somewhere which has a cashpoint machine inside, plus a phone. (Don't know who runs the phone or monitors the cashpoint! note I am not suggesting such a liability for Selattyn)

There's an empty red telephone box in Hinford that doesn't appear to be used for anything.

Could the Selattyn one be adopted by the school as a project? Perhaps it could be connected to the internet? What about installing an ATM (that would please Phil the Landlord). A petrol pump? A flower box during the summer monthes? A Christmas display in winter? A public loo?

Dear All,

Many thanks for these suggestions have taken them on board and it is most likely that we will add some shelves and use it initially for a book box for people to borrow and exchange books. Also for plants in the spring or spare seedlings etc. What do you think?

Anyone able to fit shelves in it as the phone has now been taken out?

Thanks again,

Yours, Mark