Sign in to follow this  
Maggie

Well done y'all

:)

Lets all raise a glass (or in my case a cup of tea) to the continuing success of Community Online, and to prove to the world how well Lee, and also all of us who use this site, has done then read this research report from Networked Neighbourhoods. It looked at the viability of online networks in places around England, and is partly the results of online questionnaires. You might remember responding to one several months ago, in which case see if you can spot your responses in the report! Anyhow Community Online comes out with an almost glowing report (although some responses to the questionnaire were negative but I am not sure how they could be sorted out, maybe other readers will have some ideas.).

This link takes you to the introduction and summary of the report from which you can download the full document.

It is well worth a read.

. http://networkedneighbourhoods.com/?p=1137

Thanks for the comments and as you mention thanks to all the people who use this site, after all its the contributions that truly make it what it is.

Some interesting comments in the report which I will get around to addressing very soon. Also an intersting point was that Networked Neighbourhoods got their best response to any of the online questionaires they have done from Community Online.

I thought the comments in the report were a bit contradictory. There seemed to be one negative thread running through about how the site was difficult to use and the site was not needed in the area; not sure how you address that. Not my experience at all, but if some people are unhappy then something needs to be done, but I've no idea what! Thinking caps on.

It's not difficult to use. I think it isn't established yet as a tool that everybody can use in the community, especially in St. Martins and Gobowen.

I'm planning a big promotion in Gobowen that will cost me a bit in shoe leather.