Sign in to follow this  
BepartoftheBuzz

Be Part of the Buzz

Hi

We would like to invite young people in Gobowen, Selattyn, St Martins and Weston Rhyn to Be part of the BUZZ!

BUZZ is a new project in Shropshire which aims to explore new ways of enabling young people to take part in activities within their local communities. Delivered through the Shropshire Youth Association we want to inspire and motivate young people by giving them more opportunity to make informed choices, and to give them the control and the support needed to maximise their independence and achievements.

We are looking for volunteers aged between 10 and 16 years old based in the Whitchurch, Gobowen, Selattyn, St Martins and Weston Rhyn areas, to help us find out what it really means to have a great adolescence, and to ‘grow up well’. Can you help or know someone who might be able to?

This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in making the future better for young people in Shropshire and beyond!

If you are interested please contact Jo on Joanne.kilcoyne@shropshire.gov.uk :)

I think we need to coordinate our efforts between interested parties. Over the last year or so I have seen maybe groups appearing to carry out the same work, I understand different groups have possible different agendas and funding streams but it seems that we could all save a lot of time and money by carring out one coordinated effort.

At the moment I am thinking that interested parties would be.........

The area youthclubs........ or coordinated as 3PYA (3PYA recently carried out a survey with SYA in the area)

UnLtd - They could fund any ideas that young people have for activities

Scout Groups etc.

The Big Local Group

What would be great is that we could bring all this research together to create one single paper about the youth of the area, their needs, inspirations and motivations and then groups/organisations can respond to this. Maybe it could be something that a local undergraduate could write as part of their studies.

That sounds really exciting Lee!

We are looking to carry out the research also in Whitchurch to be able to see the differences, if any, between rural areas and market towns.

What we would like to then do is work with the people who volunteer to come up with ideas to test and prototype in the area. It would be great to hear of anyone interested in gettting more involved.

Jo