Sign in to follow this  
caduceus17

Dog waste

It's a big problem, and it's not confined to streets and pavements. I've seen big steaming piles of dump around the play equipment.

There's very little the council can do to prevent it happening. I've got a very hard stare that makes grass wither, but it doesn't really work on a dog hunkering down for a long satisfying expelation.

I don't think the dogs are to blame, a dogs got to do wot a dogs got to do,it's the owners or the person with them, I think we should all take a picture with a mobile phone of them in the act, and text it to the advertizer, who should have section for naming and shaming!!

If you know who the owner is, can say that the dog is fairly regular in its habits (usually people take their dogs out at roughly the same time) then you can let the CSO's know. There are fines, and once one or two people get stopped everyone will think twice. One of the problems in Weston Rhyn is dogs being let out on their own at night to do their business before bed! and then any photos are good evidence.

Edited by Maggie

Yes, hardly the dogs' fault as Paul says, they're just doing what they must. It's the owners' responsibility to pick up after their dogs. I'm just surprised in this day and age that anyone thinks it's acceptable, much like I'm surprised at the amount of litter left on the playing field on a regular basis.

The words "doorstep" and "own" come to mind. Disappointing really.