Is anyone interested in starting a local wildlife (conservation/ volunteering) group, possibly through the RSPB or Wildlife Trust?

I also like the idea of encouraging children as well as adults to get involved so maybe start a RSPB Wildlife Explorers/ Wildlife Trust Watch group for children and young people- to educate about the environment and local wildlife through practical activities?

Hi there!! I work for BTCV Cymru (British Trust for Conservation Volunteers). We are just putting in a funding application for a conservation project including engagement with the community along the new World Heritage area which spans from Lion Quays, Chirk down to Horseshoe Falls, Llangollen. If you are and know of others who are keen to learn about nature and the environment and would like to help us to create new nature reserves along the canal, then please get in touch and if we are successful in getting the funding it would be great to work with you.

My email is a dot fairclough at btcv dot org dot uk

Look forward to hearing from you.

Alex.

Soph, think you could apply for Unltd money for this, have a look at the info on this site about it...If not wildlife group some of your other environmental ideas for the area would be suitable for you to get funding, have a look, have a think and if you want to talk things over first you know where I am. :)

Hi there!! I work for BTCV Cymru (British Trust for Conservation Volunteers). We are just putting in a funding application for a conservation project including engagement with the community along the new World Heritage area which spans from Lion Quays, Chirk down to Horseshoe Falls, Llangollen. If you are and know of others who are keen to learn about nature and the environment and would like to help us to create new nature reserves along the canal, then please get in touch and if we are successful in getting the funding it would be great to work with you.

My email is a dot fairclough at btcv dot org dot uk

Look forward to hearing from you.

Alex.

Hi Alex,

I'm really interested in doing some conservation volunteering with the BTCV, please let me know if you are successful with the funding application!

My e-mail address is: sophhughes@hotmail.co.uk

Unfortunately I will be at University in Liverpool on Friday so I won't be able to meet Louise from UnLtd, if anyone else is also interested in setting up a wildlife/ conservation volunteering group then maybe they could meet her?

Village Hall have asked Shropshire Council / anyone interested to see what flora / fauna we have on the land beyond the stream and within the bed of the stream itself. We are discussing what to do with this land and before we go mad we need to know what we've got that is in need of protection. Can anyone assist?

A member of Shropshire Council (Gareth Parry) coming to village hall on 9th May about 6.30 to talk about undertaking a survey. Will put up a poster. Anyone interested?

Dr. Gareth Parry coming to the village on 9th May to look at land behind Institute and holding a brief meeting at 6.30 pm - please attend if you can.