Louise@UnLtd

Are you a Star Person?

UnLtd is looking for Star People in Weston Rhyn who have a great idea to improve the community.

Funding and support of up to £500 is available to individuals who would like to set up a project for the benefit of the area.

If you have an idea or would like to find out more, get in touch; louisecannon@unltd.org.uk My name is Louise and I am a Development Manager working in the area.

Awards can be made to individuals, or small groups of people who are looking to tackle a social problem. The funding can be used for start up costs, including equipment, venue hire, expenses etc...and anyone funded will receive support to set up the project.

Hi Louise,

I have been advised to contact you about applying for the Star People funding. I am interested in starting a local wildlife (conservation/ volunteering) group, possibly through the RSPB or Wildlife Trust. I also like the idea of encouraging children as well as adults to get involved so maybe start a RSPB Wildlife Explorers/ Wildlife Trust Watch group for children and young people- to educate about the environment and local wildlife through practical activities. I have been contacted in response to my idea by Alex Fairclough from BTCV Cymru who has put in a funding application for a conservation project including engagement with the community along the new World Heritage area which spans from Lion Quays, Chirk down to Horseshoe Falls, Llangollen. In terms of other environmental ideas for the local community, creating a wildlife area with wildlife friendly plants, bird/bat boxes, feeders etc and a hide or bench would benefit the community by creating a place to escape and relax through wildlife watching. It would also be nice to have some sort of community run shop selling seasonal local produce, organic, fair trade foods and conveniences. It would be great to have a community tree planting day to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee too. Unfortunately, I will be at Liverpool Hope University all day on Friday 16th March, therefore unable to meet you in person to discuss these ideas.

@Sophie

Louise will be coming to Gobowen Pavilion on St. Martins Road at around 3pm ish. I have a green(ish) project that I want to discuss with UnLtd. Perhaps we should compare notes?

Edited by Simple Simon