Sign in to follow this  
leebarnfield

Goodbye Cross Keys

Well, looks like this is the last day we will see the Cross Keys pub in Weston Rhyn as demolition started this morning. Such a central icon to the village will be no more.

I have just seen this post. My Father was born in Hengoed and lived in oswestry until he was about 5 I think before the family moved to liverpool in the 1920 - 30s. As kids in the sixties we used to visit Glyn Ceiriog every Sunday during the summer. In the afternoon we would visit the Cross Keys in Weston Rhyn. We would sit outside whilst mum and dad would have a little drink . As we got older we would  go inside with them. They got to know the locals  and they even spoke about moving there. I was gutted to hear the cross keys has been demolished my dad would be upset  if he was still with us. Happy days, also remember getting great fish and chips from a tiny chip shop bit further down the main road

Firstly welcome to the forum Peter...

Its all change in Weston Rhyn, indeed as mentioned the Cross Keys has gone and now has houses build on the land, the chip shop you mention is a Chinese; they still do a cracking fish and chips and the Top House pub (The Lodge) is an Indian Restaurant.