Sign in to follow this  
Simple Simon

What does Gobowen need?

Ha! There would be an outcry if the MUGA was lit! There's only been one booking for the MUGA since it was built, and that was for a daytime tennis game. The truth is it can be booked for matches (tennis, 4 aside, basketball) for FREE.

I suppose the MUGA could be lit for periods during the early evening during the winter, but it would be an extra drain on the council finances. The surface gets really slippy with frost at this time of year.

Should I suggest it to the council? (I can visualise their hard stares even as I type this)

Looking at the thread..... wots Gobowen got? It looks like it has quite a lot of things compare to others villages, but then again it is pretty big. Agree with Liam, Kebab House needs sorting. Same issue in Weston Rhyn, the Cross Keys looks an eyesore and is very central to the village.

It would be lovely to see a proper launderette in the village. I have terrible trouble getting the stains out of my bed linen.

It would also be nice to see a knick-knack shop selling postcards and tea towels.

A bit of a remote chance this one, but:

There's a footpath leading from a stile located between houses in Perry Road. It runs straight across the fields beyond. However people obviously also turn right immediately on entering the field over the stile, drop down the slight hill, then get across or through the farmer's fence and over the river into the playing field, right by the bench at the far end. It would be great if agreement could be obtained from the farmer, to have a proper stile and small footbridge there. It would make a good circular route and would stop the farmer always having to repair his fence.

As you can probably guess, that right turning down the slope, over the (barbed wire) fence and over the River Perry isn't an official route.

As I understand it, the council only have responsibility for half way across the width of the river. Any bridge would have to conform to the dreaded health and safety regulations and would have to be maintained otherwise the council become liable for injury etc. Unofficial crossings are not encouraged and therefore any accident caused by anyone using one is down to the individual.

Even those ones put up by residents living on Perry Road whos gardens border the River Perry shouldn't be allowed, and the council are well within their rights to remove them.

In an ideal world it would be nice to see a small stone bridge cross the Perry onto the field, but it would probably be used to dam the flow of water by kids having a laugh in the summer.

Up to £50k will do quite a lot. I am not aware of anything which would block that as a project. I suggest you contact them now! Think Parish Council could prob apply, or have you got a group set up?