Sign in to follow this  

Gobowen Groupies

Groups.

The only way I ever know about groups and societies that are active in Gobowen is by reading them on notice boards, or by overhearing them spoken about.

It's not that I'm well keen to get involved in karate or join the book club or start a sowing circle. I just think that community online is a really good place for people who want to do those things to make links with people doing those things.

So if everyone who knows somebody in a group or society, or you yourself are in one, I think you should get them to join Community Online.

I'm getting my mum on here with her bookclub. So get your "deep-sea-fish-appreciation-society" or your "what ever happened to the Wombles club" online and full of new people!

When it's online you can post about upcoming events, pledge for donations, gather members and let them know.

Justin

Selattyn & Gobowen Parish Roundabout publish a double page spread of clubs and organisations in the area. It has done for over 2 years now. Last issue Shropshire Council included a flyer with contained these details along with others from Weston Rhyn and St. Martins. I can easily input the information into this website if we get a dedicated section. The trouble is I'm not sure that it covers every club operating. Some clubs run by, shall we say the more mature members of our community, don't promote their activities, least of all on a website.

Edited by Simple Simon

Our little Big Local group did a leaflet just before Christmas with groups in all three villages listed, as we knew them at that stage. We want to keep that info updated. Think they went out with each local newsletter delivery. I've still got some in a box if you can think of anywhere to leave them, andalso might be a good idea to get the text list put onto this site; what do you think?

Would it be possible to keep an open file for update by everyone on this site?