The Shropshire volunteer group require a new Group Coordinator to bring the local volunteers together, to motivate and co-ordinate the groups activities. The Shropshire group is largely in a rural area except for Shrewsbury, covering Upton Magna to Welsh End.
Summary of tasks:
- Write & regularly revisit a group plan with your Volunteer Coordinator & Area Manager
- Carry out your group plan with your group, including activities such as signing and maintenance of the local National Cycle Network and events to promote active travel.
- Run a programme of events to be delegated and organised by the whole group.
- Keep the group informed of local activities they can join in, including organising regular meetings, communications and socials.
- Keep a simple record of activities to report back as required.
- Help your Volunteer Coordinator to recruit new volunteers as needed.
We are looking for an:
- Excellent communicator
- Good motivator, acting as support & encouragement for others
- Be able to identify skills and interest in the group and co-ordinate activities and responsibilities
- Be able to work with a diverse range of people
- Be committed to the Sustrans ethos
A few hours a month, which may include workdays, events, meetings and communication with the group. This may include evenings and weekends.
For more information email lisa.Hartley@sustrans.org.uk or call 0121 633 5517.